Follow the instructions below to complete a virtually proctored quiz in Brightspace.
Completing a Proctored Quiz
Quizzes in select courses will be virtually proctored directly in Brightspace through a service called Integrity Advocate. Proctored quizzes are required and serve as an additional identity verification process to ensure academic integrity and meet accreditation requirements. For more information and FAQs, please visit the Student Center in Brightspace.
- Before you begin your quiz, be sure to have:
- A photo ID that includes your first and last name (driver’s license, passport, school ID, etc.)
- A desktop or laptop computer with video recording capabilities
- In Brightspace, open the weekly unit that contains the quiz.
- Advance through the week’s content until you reach the quiz instructions page.
- When you are ready to begin, click the link in the quiz instructions to open the quiz in a new tab. A series of prompts will appear to guide you through the proctoring process.
- Continue through the prompts to review Integrity Advocate’s terms of service and verify your identity by providing a photo of your ID.
- Click Start Quiz and remain in view of your camera as you take the quiz.
- Review your answers and click Submit Quiz. The proctoring session will automatically end.
Whom should I contact for support?
If you encounter any issues completing a proctored quiz, please contact Integrity Advocate for 24/7 support.
If you receive an invalid proctoring result and you are unable to resolve the issue with your ID through Integrity Advocate, please contact your instructor.