How does sales tax impact your AOEU subscription and event purchases?
Sales Tax on AOEU Products
Sales taxes may apply to your purchases and renewals for some AOEU products.
To find more information on how much you are charged for sales tax, go to the following:
- For subscriptions, view your billing history and the price and applicable taxes you are charged in the customer billing portal.
- For events, view your receipt and applicable taxes charged in your email inbox.
Below you can find answers to commonly asked questions about taxes on your AOEU purchases and renewals.
How tax rates are determined
Tax rates can vary by country, state, territory, and city and are based on the applicable rate at the time of your AOEU charge. These amounts can change over time with local tax requirements.
Does the AOEU price include sales tax?
The AOEU advertised price does not include sales tax.
If sales tax applies, it is listed separately on your monthly invoice. Your AOEU purchases and renewals may be subject to sales tax in some states (governed by your state’s sales tax laws).
How to get an invoice for AOEU charges
Follow these steps to view and print an invoice for your subscriptions.
- Log in to your AOEU account.
- Click on your initials in the top right corner. Choose Profile.
- Click on Subscriptions & Events. Here, you will see your current subscriptions and purchased NOW Conferences.
- If you do not have a current subscription, you will have the option to learn more about what we have to offer!
- Click either “Manage Subscription” to access the Customer Billing Portal.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Customer Portal screen. To view your invoice, click on the arrow for any purchase. Your invoice opens in a separate window.
- You can choose to download the invoice or a receipt for the purchase from this screen. You can also “View Invoice Details” directly from this screen. Close this window when you are ready to return to your Customer Portal.
- Click “Return to The Art of Education” to return to your AOEU Profile.
Receipts for your NOW Conference registration will be emailed to you upon purchase. If you need an additional receipt or invoice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal tax ID is not on your AOEU invoice.
For privacy reasons, we don’t collect personal tax ID information during sign-up, so it is not listed on your AOEU invoice.
How to submit tax exemption information
If you are a resident of the United States and wish to submit tax exemption information, please contact us at email@example.com. Provide us with the name and email address of the user account, as well as documentation of your tax-exempt status. Our finance team will be in touch within two business upon receipt of these requests.
Tax for our subscription products is determined by the billing zip code.
Sign in to your account and go to your Customer Billing Portal. Make sure your billing zip code is correct. If it is not, update your billing zip code, and the correct tax amount should be reflected on your next bill.
If you still have questions about the sales tax charged or need help updating your billing zip code, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the email address associated with your account, as well as a brief description of your issue.
If you have questions about the tax amount on your event purchase, please contact us at email@example.com. Include your name and the email address associated with your account, as well as a brief description of your issue.